What is it used for?
The oral prescription medication Jardiance can lower the blood sugar levels of type 2 diabetes in adults. Medicine should be swallowed as a whole tablet and recommended to be taken at the same time daily.
Jardiance Tablets functions similarly to the other gliflozin family members by assisting your kidneys in eliminating extra glucose from your bloodstream. It treats type 2 diabetes with a nutritious diet and regular exercise.
Jardiance Drug Class is proven to lower the risk of cardiovascular death and hospitalization for heart failure in adults with heart failure, when the heart cannot pump enough blood to the rest of the body. It may work by making it easier for the heart to fill with blood and pump it throughout the body.
Jardiance Weight Loss: Jardiance is not intended for weight loss, however it might aid some people in doing so. In a study using Jardiance medication alone, the average weight loss at the 10 mg and 25 mg doses was 2.5% and 2.8%, respectively.
Note: Patients with type 1 or insulin-dependent diabetes will not get help with it.
How does Empagliflozin (Jardiance Tablets) work?
Like other hypoglycemic medications in the gliflozin family, empagliflozin (Jardiance Tablets) lowers blood sugar levels by increasing the amount of sugar excreted from the body through urine. In addition, these medications block kidneys from absorbing sugar from your blood, and excess glucose in your blood will start to pass via your urine. It also increases urination, removing more blood sugar from your body and stabilizing your blood sugar levels.
How to take Jardiance Tablets?
Always keep in mind to adhere to your doctor’s instructions. The recommended dosage for Jardiance Tablet is once daily, by mouth, at any time of day, with or without meals. Do not cut or break the tablets; instead, swallow them whole.
Jardiance Tablets Dosage
Jardiance Tablets are available in two strengths:
- Jardiance10 mg
- Jardiance25 mg
Initially, your doctor will advise you to take 10 mg daily in adults. If you need to regulate your blood sugar level further, your doctor may raise your dose to one 25 mg Jardiance Tablets daily.
Never take two doses at once. If you forget to take your medicine at the regular time, want to make up for the missed dosage, skip the missed dose if you have to take the next dose within 12 hours.
Note: Do not alter the medication your doctor has prescribed if you find something different from the ones listed here. It would be best if you took this medication strictly as your doctor has advised.
Safeguards and Precautions
Never take this medicine if you:
- Are allergic to empagliflozin, or any of the other ingredients
- Have type 1 diabetes (In type 1 diabetic condition, your body does not produce any insulin)
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA, a complication of diabetes) or a history of DKA
- Have a kidney problem, or you are on dialysis.
- Have a severe liver problem.
- Are expecting a child or intend to get pregnant. Discuss the best strategy to control your blood sugar levels during pregnancy with your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- Are now breastfeeding or intend to. It is unclear if the medication enters breast milk. Consult your physician about the best options for feeding your infant while taking Jardiance Tablets.
- It is recommended for adult patients only and not for patients under 18.
- It may also cause faulty renal function. Your doctor will perform blood tests to check on how well your kidneys are functioning and how well you are handling the medication.
- Since the sugar excretes through urine, your urine will test positive for sugar. It might alter the amount of fat or cholesterol in your blood.
- Taking Jardiance Tablets raises your risk of developing vaginal or penile yeast infections. People who have previously experienced yeast infections are more prone to develop this.
- Taking Jardiance Tablets could also make you feel queasy or lightheaded. Until you are confident that you understand how the medication affects you personally, it is recommended not to drive or operate machinery.
Jardiance Tablets Side effects
Jardiance Tablets may have specific side effects, but not limited to the ones listed below. However, you might need medical attention if these side effects occur.
Common adverse effects of this medicine:
- Dehydration – water deficiency in the body.
- Unusual thirstiness
- Urinary tract infection – burning sensation when urinating, cloudy urine, and a strong odor
- Balanitis – a yeast infection of the penis.
- Vaginal yeast infection – symptoms include vaginal odor, yellow or white vaginal discharge, and itching. Passing more urine than expected or more frequently.
- Straining or pain when emptying the bladder
Uncommon adverse effects may include:
- cervicitis (an inflammation of the cervix, particularly the lower, narrow end of your uterus that opens into the vagina)
- genital candidiasis (genital itching, burning, and sometimes accompanied by discharge)
- vulvitis (inflammation of the vulva, that can include the labia majora, labia minora, clitoris, and introitus)
- blurred vision
- fast heartbeat
- cold sweats
- increased hunger
- dizziness, feeling faint, or lightheadedness
- decreased urination
- rapid breathing
- slurred speech
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Discuss with your doctor any adverse side effect that bothers you or does not go away. For medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor.
You can buy Canadian medication for almost 6o% less from market price.
30 Jardiance Tablets (Empagliflozin) - Northern Insulin
Jardiance Tablets functions similarly to the other gliflozin family members by assisting your kidneys in eliminating extra glucose.