About the Freestyle Precision Neo Ketone Meter
The FreeStyle Precision Neo Ketone Meter is a self-checking blood glucose monitor, is quite small and compact, and can be used from wherever you want. This glucose monitoring machine helps to keep tract of the glucose level in your blood. The FreeStyle Precision Neo blood glucose monitoring system kit comes with a blood glucose meter, a carrying case, lancing device, and an owner’s setup guide. Some important features are listed below:
- It is small and very fast and gives result in a few seconds.
- It comes with no coding technology
- It has a bright backlight screen.
- The compatible Freestyle Lite test strip requires a small sample and is very easy to use.
- The FreeStyle Precision Neo Meter and Ketone Monitor helps in measuring
- – blood sugar
- – ketone
- It helps to monitor and manage your diabetes. The monitor is ultra-lightweight with a large and high-contrast display.
- Blood sugar test results is displayed within five seconds
- Logbook stores up to 1000 tests.
- require a small 0.6 µL sample size.
- The FreeStyle Precision Neo Ketone Meter is compatible with FreeStyle Precision blood glucose test strips and FreeStyle Precision blood β-ketone test strips.
- Use strip only once.
- Read the test strip instructions properly
- Store and handle the test strips properly.
- Do not use meter for another person.
- Do not put urine on the test strip.
How to use this Neo Ketone Meter
You must check if the date and time of the meter is correct and setup the required adjustments beforehand.
Performing a Blood Glucose or Blood Ketone Test
- Open the packet and remove the test strip
- Insert the strip into the meter fully in.
- Use lancing device to obtain blood sample.
- Apply blood to the test strip.
What can the Neo Ketone Meter Measure
The meter displays blood glucose results in mmol/L. Normal range of blood glucose results is between 1.1 – 27.8 mmol/L. Immediately contact your doctor if the result is below 3.9 mmol/L or higher than 13.3 mmol/L.
The meter can measure your ketone results in mmol/L from 0.0 – 8.0 mmol/L. Normal range of Ketones generally below 0.6 mmol/L. High blood ketone may caused by one of the following:
- vigorous exercise
- uncontrolled blood glucose levels.
- Repeat a blood ketone test if the results are abnormal or the result is 0.0 mmol/L, but your blood glucose is higher than 16.7 mmol/L.
You can test your blood glucose levels on your upper arm, forearm, fingertip or base of the thumb. Use only fingertip blood samples for blood ketone testing.
You can see all our Diabetic Supplies products here.