What are the FreeStyle Lite Test Strips?
The FreeStyle Lite Test Strips are compatible with the FreeStyle Lite meter with ZipWik Tabs. The monitoring system only requires a small amount of blood samples. As soon as the ZipWik Tab on FreeStyle Lite Test Strips touches the blood drop, it breaks the blood surface and instantly wicks the blood into the strip. The blood glucose monitor is a relatively small compact device and is ready to use. This glucose monitoring machine helps track the glucose level in your blood. Some essential features are listed below:
- It is small and speedy and gives results in a few seconds.
- It comes with no coding technology.
- It has a bright backlight screen.
- With Auto-assist 2.0 software, you can identify trends and give accurate reports, helping you and your doctor to resolve the issues in managing your diabetes.
- The compatible Freestyle Lite test strips requires a small sample and is very easy to use.
Important Information on Test Strip
- The FreeStyle Lite System’s operating range of temperature is 4°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F).
- Store the test strip package in a cool, dry place within a temperature range of 4°C and 30°C (40°F and 86°F).
- Use test strips only within the system operating temperature range.
- Do not expose the FreeStyle Lite Test Strips to direct sunlight and heat.
- Store them in their original vial only, not outside the vial or moving into another.
- Keep the vial cap tightly closed to prevent exposure to moisture.
- Touch the FreeStyle Lite test strips with clean and dry hands.
How to use FreeStyle Lite Meter?
You must check if the date and time of the glucometer are correct and set up the required adjustments beforehand.
Preparing the Test Strip
- With clean and dry hands, remove a FreeStyle Lite Test Strips from the vial.
- Close the vial immediately.
- Insert fully-in the top of the FreeStyle Lite Test Strips into your meter fully
- The meter will get powered.
- The screen will display the Blood Drop and Test Strip symbols – The meter is ready.
Preparing the Lancing Device
- Remove the top cover and insert the lancet.
- When it is in place, remove the top by gently twisting, which should reveal the sharp lancet.
- Then replace the top of the lancing device and cock.
Blood sample collection
- Place the Lancing Device firmly against the fingertip and obtain the blood.
- Touch the end of the test strip to the blood drop.
- The meter will evaluate blood glucose and display the results within 5 seconds.
|Dimensions|| Width 3.99 cm (1.57″) x Length 7.37 cm|
(2.9″) x Depth 1.65 cm (0.65″)
|Weight||40 g (1.4 oz) (with batteries)|
|Battery||One 3-volt lithium coin-cell battery (CR2032)|
|Test strip||FreeStyle Lite Strips|
|Accuracy||Low or high blood glucose readings can indicate a potentially serious medical condition. The FreeStyle Lite meter displays results from 1.1 to 27.8 mmol/L|
|Blood sample size||0.3 μl|
|Memory||400 blood glucose results plus 20 control tests|
|Test averages||7, 14, 30 days|
Remember that regular physical exercise is crucial to treating diabetes or managing prediabetes, along with your diet planning, weight management, and medications. Because your cells become more responsive to insulin while you are active, your blood glucose, also known as blood sugar, can be lowered more successfully. Take your medications regularly and follow up with your healthcare specialist.