What is Farxiga Tablets (Dapagliflozin)?
Farxiga Tablets is an anti-diabetic medicine to reduce blood glucose levels with a proper diabetic diet, exercise, and weight. Farxiga Tablets is generally used for type 2 diabetes. Farxiga is a brand name of the Anti-diabetic medicine in which the active ingredient is Dapagliflozin. It belongs to the Gliflozin group of anti-diabetic medication.
What is Farxiga Tablets used for?
Farxiga Tablets reduces blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes. However, Farxiga is not used for treating type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis (an increase in ketones in your blood or urine).
How does Farxiga Tablets work?
Like other medicines of the Gliflozin group of Anti-diabetic drugs, Farxiga lowers the Re-Absorbtion of blood sugar into your kidney. Subtype 2 of the sodium-glucose transport proteins (SGLT2) is responsible for at least 90% of the glucose Reabsorption in the kidney. Dapagliflozin blocks SGLT2 from transporting glucose through the kidney to the blood. Thus most sugar is released through urine. Farxiga Tablets also helps to control your blood pressure as well as your weight.
How to take Farxiga Tablets?
Take Farxiga Tablets with or without a meal in the morning. However, taking medicine at the same time each day is recommended. Before consuming the medicine, check the direction on the prescription label thoroughly. Your healthcare provider may change the dose of the medication to get the best results according to your blood sugar response. Do not change the dose without a recommendation from your doctor.
Farxiga Tablets is used:
- alone, if you cannot take Metformin,
- with Metformin
- with a Sulfonylurea
- with Metformin and a Sulfonylurea
- with Sitagliptin (with or without Metformin)
- with insulin (with or without Metformin)
You’ll probably need to have your blood sugar checked frequently, and you might also need to visit the doctor’s office for further diagnostic procedures. Your treatment plan should include a nutritious diet, moderate exercise, weight management, and frequent blood sugar testing. Inform your doctor of all current medications you are taking, as well as any new or discontinued ones, especially:
- Diuretics (water pills)
- medicines for the heart or blood pressure
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) include ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve), and others
Farxiga Tablets improve blood sugar management in persons with type 2 diabetes with diet and exercise:
- Reduce the incidence of heart failure hospitalisation or other cardiovascular risk factors by improving blood sugar control in addition to diet and exercise.
- Adults with symptomatic heart failure (when the heart is weak and unable to pump enough blood to the rest of the body) can lower their risk of cardiovascular death and hospitalisation for heart failure.
- Minimise the chance of adult patients with chronic renal disease developing end-stage kidney disease, dying from cardiovascular disease, and being admitted to the hospital with heart failure.
Farxiga Tablets Dosage
Farxiga Tablets are available in two strengths:
- Farxiga 5 mg
- Farxiga 10 mg
Farxiga 5 mg should be taken once a day in the morning, with or without a meal, as the starting dose. If you are tolerating the medication well and need more blood sugar management, your doctor may increase your dose to Farxiga 10 mg once daily. Your kidney function should be checked before, during, and after taking the medication.
Your doctor will recommend a lower dose of insulin or the associated medication when used with another medication to lessen the risk of low blood sugar.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember, if you missed one. You should skip the dose you missed and return to your usual dosing plan if you forget until it is almost time for your next dose. Never take two doses at once to make up for missing ones.
Warnings & Precautions
Never take this medicine if :
- You are allergic to Dapagliflozin
- have severe renal issues or are presently receiving Hemodialysis
Tell your doctor about your current and past medical conditions, especially any that affect your kidneys, bladder, liver, or pancreas. Also, let them know if you have ever experienced ketoacidosis or have risk factors for it. If you are currently breastfeeding or intend to do so, let them know about all your medications, including prescription and over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, and supplements.
Farxiga Tablets side effects
Get quick medical attention and stop taking Farxiga if you have any symptoms of an allergic reaction.
Some common side effects of this medicine are :
- Sore throat
- Back pain
- Pain in arms, legs, hands, or feet
- Yeast infections of the vagina or penis
- Changes in urination, including the urgent need to urinate more often, in more significant amounts, or at nighttime
Serious adverse effects include:
- Ketoacidosis (increased ketones in your blood or urine)
- Dehydration (loss of water and salt), which may make you feel dizzy
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Serious urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Kidney problems
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Yeast infection of the skin around the penis (balanitis)
- Increase in “bad” cholesterol (LDL cholesterol)
- Bladder cancer
Blood tests may yield unexpected findings when taking Farxiga. Your doctor determines the blood test timing and may also evaluate your blood fat levels (low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, or LDL cholesterol), the quantity of red blood cells in your blood (hematocrit), and kidney function.
Discuss any adverse effect that bothers you or does not go away with your healthcare professional. Unfortunately, these are not the only harmful consequences that could occur. For medical advice regarding side effects, contact your doctor.
Remember that regular physical exercise is crucial to treating diabetes or managing prediabetes, along with your diet planning, weight management, and medications. Because your cells become more responsive to insulin while you are active, your blood glucose, also known as blood sugar, can be lowered more successfully. Take your medications regularly and follow up with your healthcare specialist.
30 Farxiga Tablets (Dapagliflozin) - Northern Insulin
Farxiga Tablets is an anti-diabetic medicine to reduce blood glucose levels with a proper diabetic diet, exercise, and weight. Buy Farxiga Tablets online.