About the Bayer Contour Next EZ Meter
The Contour Next EZ meter is a self-testing blood glucose monitoring system. The device is available over the counter (OTC). It tracks blood glucose levels. It is for single-patient use only and should not be shared. The Contour Next EZ meter makes blood glucose testing easier with its advanced modern technology. Here are some new features which come with this blood monitoring system are:
- This device allows you to collect blood for the second time if you did not initially put enough, which helps prevent re-lancing and wasting test strips.
- Its Multiple Accuracy Technology evaluates your blood sample multiple times for accurate results.
- The no-coding technology helps to get rid of errors because of user miscoding.
- The sip-in-sampling mechanism sips in the sample through the tip of the strips quickly to get the right amount of blood.
- It is ready to use Bayer blood glucose monitor system which does not need any initial setup. Insert the test strip and read the glucose levels in your blood.
- Bayer blood glucose monitor system can also help to identify the problems with individualized HI/LO targeted range and summarize with 7, 14, and 30 days averages of your blood glucose level.
How to use this Bayer Contour Next EZ glucometer?
Preparing the Test Strip
- With clean and dry hands, remove a CONTOUR NEXT test strip from the bottle.
- Close the bottle immediately.
- Insert the grey square end facing up into the test strip port.
- An image of a test strip with blood drop will start flashing – The meter is ready.
Preparing the Lancing Device
- Take the end cap out
- Insert the lancet into the Lancing Device firmly.
- Twist off the protective cap from the lancet and reattach the end cap.
- Turn the end cap round to adjust the depth of the lancet.
Blood sample collection
- Place the Lancing Device firmly against the fingertip and press the release button.
- Touch the test strip immediately to sip in the blood drop formed at the puncture site of the finger.
- Till the meter beeps, hold the strip in the blood drop to get enough blood in.
- It will start a countdown, and in 5 seconds, it will display the results and automatically save it in the device’s memory.
Technical Specifications of Bayer blood glucose monitor system
|Dimensions||4.75 x 2.75 x 6.56 inches (LWH)|
|Weight||7.69 Ounces oz (with batteries)|
|Battery||Two 3-volt lithium coin-cell battery (CR2032)|
|Test strip||Counter Next Test Strip|
|Accuracy||Acceptance criterion is that 95% of the measured glucose values|
shall fall within either ± 15 mg/dL of the average measured values of the reference measurement procedure at glucose concentrations
< 75 mg/dL or within ± 20% at glucose concentrations ≥ 75 mg/dL.
|Blood sample size||0.6 μl|
|Memory||1000 blood glucose results|
|Test averages||7, 14, 30 days|
You can see all our Diabetic Supplies products here.