About the Accu-Chek Aviva Connect Meter and Test Strips
To manage your blood sugar with target range, regular blood testing with Accu-Chek Aviva Connect Meter is necessary. This awareness may help to prevent or slow the development of diabetes complications. Your doctor can tell you the target range for blood glucose range you are required to maintain. Too low blood glucose may cause anxiety, shakiness, sweating, headache, increased hunger, dizziness, pale skin color, sudden change in mood or irritability, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, clumsiness, palpitations, and/or confusion. Too high blood glucose may cause increased thirst, frequent urination, blurred vision, drowsiness, and/or unexplained weight loss. Blood glucose monitoring system is used to manage and monitor diabetes. The Blood Glucose Monitoring System is consist of the Accu-Chek Aviva connect meter and Accu-Chek Guide test strips.
To use the strip
- With clean and dry hand remove a test strip and close the container immediately.
- Insert the test strip into the glucometer, the display will be ready.
- When the “Apply drop” text appears, using lancing device, prick your finger.
- Touch the end of the test strip to the blood drop (make sure not to get blood on top of the test strip)
- The display should shortly read “Analyzing” when there is enough blood in the test strip.
- After each test, the strip must be discarded.
- Do not eat the test strips.
- For children they are choking hazard.
- Do not use same strip to test multiple patients as it may lead to transmission of HIV, Hepatitis viruses